Praises from February:
- Inspection for accreditation (with the Association of Christian Schools Int’l) took place Feb. 23-25. Praise that the inspector arrived; met with staff and some parents, the RFIS Board. He was favorably impressed and gave good commendations as well as some recommendations for improvement.
- Spiritual emphasis week and High School Retreat (Feb 7-11) was excellent. Students from High School and Middle School made new and renewed commitments to the Lord. Elementary kids visited a Cameroonian Christian school for a great day of cultural exchange and encouragement.
- Ron (with another teacher and Nathan) made a trip over near Douala to pick up boxes of stuff we’d sent on a Baptist container. Praise for safe travel and the way God worked out the details of the trip (scroll down for the whole story).
- God is bringing Congolese women into my life. He is using us to encourage one woman who was devastated, lonely, and abandoned. For the full story see our post, “The Joy of the Lord is Their Strength.” God is great!
- As the Covenant fiscal year came to an end, we found that God had provided 85% of our support through pledges and one time gifts. (up from 25% at the start of the fiscal year). God is faithful!
Requests for March:
- Pray for our Covenant Fellowship March 21-25 in Kribi, Cameroon. Covenant missionaries serving in Africa will be here for week of spiritual refreshment and meetings with Covenant mission leaders. Pray for safe travel for those coming from Congo, Kenya and CAR, France and USA.
- March 8 is International Women’s Day and my new Congolese friends are very excited to celebrate. Pray us safety that day (they plan on us all going to town to celebrate, watch parades and I don’t know what all to expect). Pray for good relationship building with them and that God will use our friendship to his glory.
- Pray that God would lead us to an organization we might partner with in compassion ministries. And pray for Covenant short term missionary Sharon Davis who is now in France to study French before coming here April 2.
- Spring Break is March 14-29. Pray for safe travel as RFIS students travel to and from the countries and villages of their parents’ service. Pray for good times with families, relaxing, and not being in school!