As I write this, it’s Feb. 2 and snow is blasting Midwest USA. We’re in hot dry season, but just got a cool breeze and a few drops of rain – the first in WEEKS! Whether you’re enjoying warm sunny weather or a hot chocolate at the fireplace, we appreciate you taking a few minutes to pray for our ministry this month.
Praise God with us for answers to January’s requests:
- Emmanuel our day guard’s health. He had collapsed from unknown cause and was taken to a local clinic for treatment. After about a week of rest and malaria treatment, he returned to good health and to work – but was unable to travel to his village, so his wife came here for a few days.
- Samantha Barron’s Dec. 28 arrival; a Covenant short term teacher at RFIS, she had a very short time to adjust to life in Cameroon before she began teaching.
- Mark Post’s trip here (Jan. 20-29) to help us with plans for the new UBAC Hostel and other housing on the Covenant/Free Church property adjacent to RFIS campus. This architect from our home church in Grand Rapids was a great help and encouragement. For more on his trip click here.
- Benjamin has reached 11 years old. Ron took him and his buddies out to RFIS for a campout under the stars.
Pray with us in February for:
- Inspection for accreditation Feb. 14 – that Ron’s able to accomplish all the little details needed before the inspection (like exit signs, fire escape routes, and installation of an alarm system)
- Spiritual emphasis week and High School Retreat is coming up this month (Feb 7-11). Please pray for the speakers and students at the high school, middle school and elementary school as well. Not all the students come from missionary families or even Christian backgrounds.
- Pray us through preparations for our Covenant Fellowship March 21-25 in Kribi, Cameroon. Covenant missionaries serving in Africa will be here for week of spiritual refreshment and meetings. We who live in Cameroon need to start planning for it now.