As I reflect on those who are no longer “with us” that have influenced my life for good, I cannot help but to remember my grandmothers. They taught me so many “little things” over the years – some of which I still do – like:
* making sure that I get all the egg out of the shell
* looking for tar on my feet after walking on the beach
* trimming the seams when you sew (especially in a collar)
* berries don’t have to be eaten raw – they do make good jam
* mix lemonade with grape juice
* heat the pot before making tea.
What did your Grandmother’s teach you?