Greetings once again from Tokyo. There’s no particular reason why we need a big mug-shot of us this month….we just thought we would try to match the email version of our March Prayer Bulletin that went out.
We are so grateful for your constant prayer support. Here’s the latest:
Some prayer answers from February: Our Japan Covenant Church annual meeting on Feb. 11 was really good – a wonderful spirit and some very encouraging reports amidst some continuing financial constraints. Andrea is almost done with going over tests, papers and turning in grades. She’s looking forward to 5-6 weeks with a slightly different schedule – maybe even a chance to work on some of those “other” (?!) projects. The new school year will be starting up in mid-April.
Some prayer needs for March:
- Thanks for continuing to pray for our Men’s Discipling Group at the Isesaki Church.
- Last June, the VBS children from Faith Covenant Church in Burnsville, MN gave us a special offering to buy a set of electronic drums for our music ministry. It has taken awhile for all the wheels to turn but we would appreciate prayer for wisdom in purchasing just the right equipment and that God would begin to open doors among the youth through music.
- On March 11 we will be having a board meeting for our Akagi Bible Camp. We are gearing up for another season (roughly June – September) without a full-time manager on the scene. Thanks for praying about volunteer staff – particularly kitchen staff needs – and a host of other concerns. It will be a busy spring and summer for painting and other repairs on the buildings as well.
- On March 27-29 our group of Covenant missionary families will be getting together for a retreat. We look forward to that time of fellowship, worship, connecting and mutual encouragement.
- Thanks for remembering our children – Sam, Lilla & Sky – in your prayers… for God’s continuing work in each of their hearts and lives.
Your partners in prayer and mission,
Tim & Andrea Johnson
Sam, Lilla & Sky