Greetings once again from Geneva, IL, where we are spending the final 4 months of our 6-month home assignment. The time is speeding by. We can hardly believe that June begins tomorrow. How grateful we continue to be for your faithful prayer on our behalf.
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING?
- Tim was able to visit two of our supporting churches in Michigan on May 2-3 and then spent May 14 – 24 in Minnesota visiting family and supporting churches. It was great to visit at six different churches over 10 days. While he covered hundreds of miles, it was a gorgeous time of year to be driving around Minnesota and enjoyed times of seeing family too.
- The children have continued to enjoy their school experiences. They all finish up the school year and begin summer vacation next week. (definitely more exciting for them than for their parents….)
- We’ve joined a community / park district pool for the summer so hope to get a little water fun in occasionally. We all went for our first time on May 29 – opening day – it was hot and wonderful for swimming. (see photo above)
- Sam began working part time as a life-guard at a different local pool. He’s pretty excited about that.
- Andrea continues to stay busy keeping us all clothed and fed. Visiting with her sister next door and working on her computer are daily activities. Recently she has enjoyed continuing her journaling of many years by switching from her lined notebooks to a blog…. check it out if you wish…. Matcha With Me
WHAT’S COMING UP?
On June 16 – 28 we will be traveling as a family to Minnesota. During these days we will be:
- visiting with family and relatives and holding a burial service for my brother Rick in Foley, MN on June 18th.
- attending the annual meeting of the Evangelical Covenant Church in St. Paul from June 23-27 (Tim & Andrea)
- attending Lake Beauty Bible Camp in Long Prairie, MN (Lilla)
- fishing, playing, and hanging out with family & friends in Red Wing, MN (Sam and Sky)
- visiting two of our supporting churches in the Twin Cities on 6/20 and 6/27 as well as Covenant Village in Mpls. on the evening of 6/27 (Tim)
While it will be a busy time we are so looking forward to this chance to connect with so many folks that are dear to us.
It is a special anniversary (125 years) for the ECC so there will be leaders from sister churches and denominations from around the world at this upcoming annual meeting in St. Paul. Pastor Yasushi Shimizu, the president of our Japan Covenant Church, will be arriving in the Twin Cities on June 19th. Please pray for safe travels and a fruitful trip to the US for Pastor Shimizu. Andrea and I will be assisting him as interpreters during his stay in Minnesota. On 6/20-23 there is a “Global Dialog” being held including approximately 80 leaders from around the world, and then from 6/24-27 is the annual meeting of the ECC at a different venue. From 6/27 Pastor Shimizu will fly to Chicago where he will have a chance to see some other Covenant ministries before returning to Japan. Thanks for praying about all these details and for a great blessing and encouragement for him.
The Miyamotos, who we mentioned in our last bulletin, continue to make final preparations for their move to Novi, MI, where they will begin a partnership with the C3 Covenant Church and other nearby congregations in reaching out to thousands of Japanese who live in the area because of their connection to the auto industry. Thanks for continuing to pray for them in this time of transition.
PRAYER LIST FOR THE FRIDGE:
- For a safe and productive trip for our whole family to Minnesota in June.
- For continuing visits this month with supporting churches and individuals (June 13 in IL / June 20 and 27 in MN)
- For Pastor Shimizu as he comes to St. Paul / For the Detroit Short Term Mission Project and the Miyamotos
Your partners in prayer and mission,
Tim & Andrea Johnson
Sam, Lilla & Sky