Church Assists Family Displaced by Fire

Post a Comment » Written on December 12th, 2005     
Filed under: News
SLOAN, IA (December 12, 2005)  – Covenant pastor Richard Moore says he was  “dumbfounded” when he learned from a reporter that a local bank and  church were not going to set up a fund to help a family burned out of  its home. He volunteered the Evangelical Covenant Church.

According to news reports, 10-year-old Liam Greenstreet awoke to the  smell of smoke and then woke up his mother and another person. Although  they got out safe after seeing flames coming from the kitchen, a dog and  two cats died – two other cats are missing.

The family didn’t have renters’ insurance – the Red Cross is providing a  hotel room for several days to the family.

Moore says he believes it important to help the family, even if they  don’t attend a church. “I don’t care if they’re Covenant, Catholic or Hindu.” The Covenant  church will gather food, miscellaneous items and put together a  Christmas basket for the family, Moore says. The church will provide  presents for Liam and Westwood Community School, where Liam is a fifth  grader, also is collecting donations.

For more information on the situation or to learn how one can help, call  Moore at 712-428-3793.

Copyright © 2011 The Evangelical Covenant Church.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Report This Post

Leave a Reply

Report This Blog