Well, if you are in a place where you want to give toward missions but don’t have money to follow that desire…HERE ARE SOME GREAT IDEAS to bring in a little money!
- PURSE AUCTION: This idea was given to me by a wonderful lady who knows her fundraising business! If you can find a cool place to host this party, wonderful, if not your living room would be fine. Basically send out an open invite to every woman you know. Encourage them to bring a nice new or gently used purse to auction. Take around 20 nice purses and open bidding. The highest bidder wins the purse. Remind them to bring cash or a check. Compile all the money and send it to 8303 W. Higgins Rd in Chicago with Jen in the Memo line! Perfect. (This auction can also work with jewelry and scarves)
- eBay: Clean out that closet or look around your house. Put it up in eBay to sell. If it doesn’t sell you aren’t out any money at all! When your items do sell you can make a donation via PAY PAL t0
- EAT OUT: TONS of restaurants will donate a certain percentage of every meal if you make arrangements and advertise in advance. Just let all your friends and family to go out to eat at the same time to the same place.
- CONSIGNMENT STORES: Ask your local consignment store if you can set up an account for a Non-Profit organization. Hand out cards inviting your friends, family, and co-workers to bring things into that specific consignment store to reap the benefits!
- Pampered Chef, Avon, etc.: Many of these business people will offer a percentage from a party that you host to Non-Profit organizations. Give it a try!
- A-THON: Walk, run, bicycle, skate, eat…you name it…you can A-THON it!
- ASK YOUR CHURCH! So obvious many forget…JUST ASK!