We value your partnership in ministry and ask for prayers in the following areas.
- Fortunately it feels like time is passing quickly during our long separation. It’s already been over a month. Pray for us during this three month separation, for God’s protection and companionship.
- In April Grace Mission Church, a small congregation in Tokyo where Jim helps out, had their annual business meeting and the main topic of discussion was looking for a new meeting place. We are praying for a location that is near Jujo Station or Higashi Jujo station, is big enough to hold 20-25 people, has basic facilities like a simple kitchen and bathroom, and our budget is about $800/month. It would almost take a miracle to find something that meets all those requirements; and that is exactly why we are praying about it so fervently. Please join us in prayer!
- During the first week of May the Japan Covenant held its annual Covenant Refreshing Camp in the mountain top town of Karuizawa. It was a fantastic 3 days and everyone seemed to feel genuinely refreshed. You can see some of the photos here: Photo link
- We are currently preparing for the arrival of two Covenant missionary families in Japan. Stephen and Soo Bay will be coming in June and hope to serve in the 3.11 disaster region of Iwate Prefecture. Grant and Miho Buchholtz will arrive later in the summer and hope to begin preparing for a church plant in the Tokyo area. We thank God for these new co-workers and believe it or not, there are at least two more couples who may be joining us in the next year or two as well so this feels like a time when our prayers for more laborers in the Lord’s fields are being answered very clearly.
- During the second week of May Jim will be travelling to Tohoku with fellow Covenant missionary Tim Johnson, leading a team of volunteers from Seattle First Covenant to do relief work in the disaster zone. Please keep the people of Tohoku in your prayers.
- Hydi will be doing some itineration at supporting churches in the mid-west this spring. Pray that people will be challenged and affirmed in their prayers and gifts for God’s work in Japan.
- Eli is almost done with his junior year of high school in Colorado Springs. In July he and Hydi will return to Japan.
- Kendra is already on summer vacation, but will be busy during the first four weeks, traveling to South Africa with a group from Point Loma Nazarene University for a summer study abroad program. She will then come home to Japan for the summer, arriving in early June.
- Miles will be the first to join Jim in Japan, arriving on May 12th.
- We are looking forward to finally all being together for a few weeks from mid-July and then all three kids will return to the U.S. for school, leaving Hydi and Jim to tend their empty nest!