- December 2021 (1)
- May 2017 (2)
- September 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (3)
- March 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- December 2015 (1)
- November 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (3)
- August 2015 (2)
- July 2015 (3)
- June 2015 (7)
- May 2015 (7)
- April 2015 (4)
- March 2015 (6)
- February 2015 (5)
- January 2015 (5)
- December 2014 (5)
- November 2014 (2)
- October 2014 (5)
- September 2014 (9)
- August 2014 (13)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- May 2014 (2)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (4)
- February 2014 (4)
- January 2014 (5)
- December 2013 (9)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (6)
- September 2013 (8)
- August 2013 (26)
- A post from my friend, Stephanie, serving in Germany December 20, 2021
- Those who know Jesus, but don’t know it May 23, 2017
- Prove it! Johnna’s Message Shonan Community Church April 23rd, John 20:19-31 May 23, 2017
- Book Reviews September 19, 2016
- How to love freely? April 30, 2016
- Book Highlights from The Genesee Diary: Report from a Trappist Monastery by Henri Nouwen April 8, 2016
Category Archives: Sophia
Eight months and counting.
That’s how long we’ve been in Japan. I remember feeling slightly adapted after 2 months and then so much better at 5 months… and now 8 months is so much better than 5 months, it is …
It’s November and though I try to practice the discipline of gratitude throughout the year, this is what I’m particularly thankful for right now:
– The season of autumn! After five years in the eternal summer called “Florida”, the crisp, …
We worked hard to get here. Meetings and conversations in Japanese, enlisting friends who speak English and Japanese, filling out about 15 pages of forms, getting denied at two preschools because they are full, taking her temperature, marking her face …
1. I don’t always use an umbrella. This is basically a cardinal sin here. If you want to see people really nervous, walk around in the rain without an umbrella. Even if it’s not raining very hard, very kind people …
Que alegria esta passagem pelo Brasil!
De fato, sempre é bom rever amigos e familiares.
Passamos excelentes dias combinando apresentações do Projeto Japão, bons encontros com amigos, bates papos informais do dia a dia, muita família e viagens.
Lately, I’ve been reading the news about Israel and Palestine, the return to war in Iraq, children dying, unarmed men getting killed by police and on and on. One bad story leads to another and when I read news online, …
Once upon a time, there was a man named Elkanah. He was born at a time when men could have more than one wife. This was often to protect women because they had no status in society. Elkanah …
Sophia está fazendo 1 aninho de idade.
Que alegria que ela tem nos dado!
Neste último sábado nos reunimos para celebrar a sua vidinha.
A sua inocência, alegria contagiosa, andar desengonçado, pureza de olhar e coração, abraço sincero, desinteressado e …
By Stan Friedman
CHICAGO, IL (June 16, 2014) — It made perfect sense to Covenant missionaries Fabio Muniz and Johnna Hayward-Muniz to have their daughter dedicated in what quite likely was the first ever such service at Covenant Offices.